This is a blog about online video gaming and from time to time other topics that tickle my fancy. I'm the man in charge of a new start-up that takes the video gaming world and makes it a sport. Sports stars earn their living by playing their sport, and now so will gamers.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

What I'd Like to Be When I Grow Up

Right now I do product design as a source of income. Trouble is I really don't like it much anymore. Actually that's not a whole truth, I really just don't like the actual drawing part of the design process. If I could just have someone copy my ideas and then draw things for me I'd have a more satisfying job. And job is the right word for this because I have different aspirations for a career. I've wanted to be an entrepreneur since I can remember and now I've got an opportunity to make my dream come true. Granted it's time consuming and already I feel like I've made a few mistakes but it's really, really satisfying to be a part of something that you really, truly feel is a good idea.

I'd do this video gaming thing even if I didn't make money because I really like this stuff. By stuff I mean the video game tournaments and the world series championships. Think about how much fun this is going to be! I get to work in a field where I usually play because I play PC games quite a lot. We even have a group of us with the same tags although it's not really a clan, just a bunch of us who play together a lot. We're the[Just] guys and I'm [Just]Ned, In case you were wondering. I usually play Soldier of Fortune 2 or Battlefield 2 but I can also be seen playing Call of Duty 2, Battlefield Vietnam or CSS on a rare occasion. I haven't been online to often recently because this business thing takes a lot of work and a ton of planning.

This venture is going to be designed by PC gamers, for PC gamers and we hope you like what we have to offer. I'd really like to have some feedback on any of your thoughts or comments on this venture, even something as simple as a game suggestion. I've commented on the basics of what we are offering in a different post so please check it out and ask questions at your leisure.


As of today it's a group of 3, one web guru, one IT guru, and me, the guy on the business end and I'll work with the games end. One thing, we will need game server controllers, those of you who command and control game servers. If this is you, email me please!

So that's it then. I'll have a different topic tomorrow or the next day. I really want to try to post an entry at least once every other day. I have one request though and that is that I'd like to know if ANYONE is reading this stuff so please leave a comment or send me an e-mail and if you want to discuss a certain topic, I'll start it up for you.

One other comment/note, my fiance Emily why I hadn't mentioned her in my blog so I thought I'd go it one better. Here is a picture of her and I at a party she had for school (she will be a veterinarian soon.) I know what you're thinking, "what's a hot chick like that doing with a dope like me?" Well I got lucky once in my life! Hopefully lightning will strike twice.

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

|